Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WARNING! : Artist's are bad for the environment.


Well I was going to go out this evening and see some music at western, but exhaustion has hit me hard after today. we started working on the second green house and getting it all cleaned out, and with the new drilled tarp fixtures. This is o.k. though, because Friday is gallery walk which will have lots of people and music down at JINX.
I made a concerted effort yesterday to go and paint four new backgrounds that hopefully will be dry enough by Friday so that I can paint on them. This is an unusual way for me to paint. Normally I'm a spontaneous painter and I start with the main item or focal point and paint the background in around it. This has been my MO for the last 8 years and it's worked well enough so far; however, at the heart of my resolution, are moments like these. Moments when i decide that it doesn't matter if it's "worked out, so far". Moments when I decide I'm going to try something new.

So, Friday: music... art... people...
Tonight: blogging... spaghetti... sleep...
Lately I've been thinking a lot about inspiration. I've recently decided that when I get my tax return (a healthy chunk of change) I want to invest a little in getting some equipment to start doing stencil production. I'm feeling extremely interested in stencils because I feel like it's an art form that I can use to portray my feelings about foreign affairs and political events better then i currently can. I can stencil a face and portray it however I want without actually taking the time to learn how to paint human faces (something I have no desire to learn)
I did however promise to put up some pictures of my last piece...

And as a special request, I'll post some pictures of my oph cat for a certain feline located in a mountain town to the south.

This is a smaller piece, in the same vein

as the large black and white squid i did recently


What the hell is this ice crap?


Oph cat enjoying a resting spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment