Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sins of the Soul

so I'm celebrating my one year anniversary at jinx this month. I don't know what to say. From a young age I recognized that art is in my veins and makes me look at the world surrounding me in a different way then others do. But I also recognized that art as a "career" was both difficult, and not very monetarily rewarding. And so I tried to focus on other things. Culinary arts, Farmer, Auto mechanic... but as I got older my interests changed or events in my life caused me to rethink the path I was on. And now I'm beginning to see something. I am an artist. Whether I scorn it, or embrace it, changes nothing. My interest in painting has never waned completely. And as I've gotten older it's actually become more a part of my life then ever before. I'm exploring new styles, new techniques, new subject matters. I have invested money into it on a constant basis for almost ten years. And I never get the twinge of worry, when I buy art supplies, that I normally feel while purchasing other things (including food and clothing). And in fact as the days and years go on it's becoming harder and harder to not realize the truth of the matter. I AM AN ARTIST. I need to stop hiding that fact and simply embrace it. If that means a life of poverty and obscurity, then so be it. I will be the king of my own world of color and shape and line. Because if I decide to live without ever fully delving the depths of my talent, then that is the truest sin of the soul. And when it comes time for me to pass from this world (may it be a long time from now) I want to look around my room and see all my paintings, and say, here it is. Here I am. I am Fulfilled.


Here are a few new pieces that i finished using a new method





No comments:

Post a Comment