Sunday, January 23, 2011

Apologies only help those that say them.



So last night was a show, at Jinx, that I've been really looking forward to. I had gotten paint earlier in the day, and some new paintbrushes, and was planning on having a nice evening painting with on-lookers and concert-goers. Unfortunately I was greeted by a crowd that was belligerently drunk, rude, and even a little destructive. And throughout the whole evening all that I kept hearing from the people that I confronted with their rudeness was... "I'm sorry."
This combined with "Are you mad at me?" are the two phrases that I feel should be stricken from our societal vocabulary. They mean almost nothing to the person that gets told them, and sometimes it feels like the only reason people say these phrases at all, is to absolve themselves of responsibility. I feel like people should come up with a new way to apologize from now on. and learn some basic logic. If you do something that invokes negative emotions in another person, then ergo obviously they're going to be mad at you.

Well, enough ranting.
In other news, I have been very productive with my painting lately, and have gotten some nice new pieces finished. i ran into an old friend last night, who had nothing but rave reviews of the new pieces I've been doing, which really helped to lighten up my evening. Also i was successful in obtaining the Cantina Show at Casa que Pasa,. This is very exciting, and it means this week i have to spend some time putting hangers on my pieces.
On that note i will post some pictures of my recent pieces, and bid you adieu.


"The sun"

-150


"Squid with Sphere 1"
-150


"Squid with Sphere 2"
-150


1 comment:

  1. I agree on the apologizing thing. Id rather say "Yup Im being an asshole tonight, sorry that Im too drunk to actually be sorry"

    Ps- Very excited that you started a blog.

    ReplyDelete